Unlimited Technology is a fast-growing managed service, cyber, physical security, and technology solution provider with offices throughout the eastern US. We are a dedicated company delivering cutting edge technology solutions to meet our customers’ needs. We offer controlled and monitored access solutions, scale-able cyber security analysis and support, critical life safety systems as well as managed desktop and network security services and low voltage solutions. Our device-agnostic Exero platform provides real-time full-network monitoring, protection and incident response. We secure and provide technology solutions to facilities and networks of the world’s leading brands and critical infrastructure.
We are a dynamic company with a work-hard, play-hard attitude that offers competitive compensation and benefits and opportunities to learn and work with ground-breaking technology and premier clients. Our team has a wide range of talent and experience and are recognized leaders in the physical and IT security, cyber, and managed services industries.
The Installation Technician is responsible for installing, programming, terminating and commissioning a wide range of access control and CCTV products and systems for national accounts. As a customer facing employee, the Security Technician must be a personable, knowledgeable self‐starter who is capable of making sound decisions that are in the best interest of the customer and Unlimited Technology. The Security Technician must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to work closely with the sales and operations departments. This position requires COVID-19 Vaccination and fingerprinting within 30 days and passing a pre-hire drug screen.
· Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
· Install Access Control and CCTV systems according to engineered drawings.
· Must possess programming skills associated with the UTI product line.
· Program, terminate and commission a wide range of Access Control products and platforms.
· Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
· Must be able to identify and resolve issues that would have a negative impact on job productivity.
· Thoroughly complete all necessary paperwork relating to job tickets.
· Maintain a safe, clean working environment at all times.
· Safely work at elevated heights above 12’ using ladders, bucket truck, platform lifts or JLG lifts.
· Communicate all activity to the job Project Manager or Field Supervisor in a timely manner.
· Must be willing to assist Level I technicians.
· Maintain the condition and cleanliness of any company provided vehicle.
· Ensure all UTI and site‐specific safety programs are followed.
· Maintain a safe driving record and report any incidents or near misses to management immediately.
· Attend any product or safety training that is required.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Mastery of all Level I Install Technician responsibilities.
· Minimum 3‐5 years of field installation and configuration experience in the security environment.
· Understand TCP‐IP network protocol
· Certifications in Software House, Lenel and / or other Access Control platforms.
· Demonstrate competencies in IP cameras and systems, such as American Dynamics, Genetec, Avigilon,
· Axis and Exacq.
· Experienced in the installation of door hardware such as strikes and magnetic locks.
· Experienced in reading and comprehending engineered drawings.
· Experienced in the marking up, or red lining, of drawings post install.
· Proficient in the use of a computer, with MS Word and MS Excel skills.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work well and interact with other
· UTI employees and customers.
· Strong work ethic and teamwork; “can do” attitude and desire to provide best service.
· Strong interpersonal and communicative Skills.
· Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision; must be a self‐starter and quick learner.
· Strong problem‐solving skills
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
We offer a competitive base salary, use of company vehicle and tools, travel compensation, and outstanding benefits like: Health, Dental & Vision insurance with a Company funded HSA, Company-paid life and disability insurance, matched 401(k), and generous vacation time to employees who do great work.